We’re offering up another round of special reduced pricing on select in-stock digital mixers! Now is absolutely THE BEST TIME to get a great deal on the Avid S3L Compact Digital Mixer, the tour-quality mixing system that will fit in the tightest of mix positions. Reduced pricing is also available on in-stock Soundcraft Si Expression 3, and Midas M32 digital consoles. If you’re in need of an audio mixer, now is the time to save big. More info is available on our Sales page.
Give us a call today, as supplies are limited.
We’re offering up reduced prices on some select in-stock digital mixers; the QSC TouchMix16 and the Allen & Heath QU-32. Check out our Sales page for some more info on these great tools.
Many people know Pro Sound & Lighting as The Go To place for digital console expertise. They know that we keep our collective finger on the pulse of the industry. Our fingers have been itching to point out some new trends in this market. We have known about some products in development over the last year and a half, and now some of those products have been announced by their respective manufacturers. There is a new category emerging on the scene and it has several offerings from some likely sources. We are talking about the surface-less WiFi mixers. Presonus, Mackie, and Behringer all have announced product, and we know of at least one other manufacturer that has a system in development. Presonus introduced the StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI and Mackie has just introduced the DL32R system. Behringer came on to the scene strong with a complete line of WiFi mixer systems called the X-Air. They have the the X18, XR18, XR16, XR12, which are slated to be shipping early 2015.
This new category is going to change how many of us get the duties of small format mixing done. Although it’s not entirely practical to mix high channel counts on an iPad, the smaller number of channels needed for an average AV breakout session or a lecture is perfectly suited for setting up and then mixing on an iPad. Add in some key features like Dante or Ultranet and you have to rethink the possibilities of an entire audio system. Surface-less mixing systems bring all the power and versatility of their bigger siblings at an incredible value. In the infancy of this category there already is a wide range of prices from $299 to $1999, covering just about anyone’s budget and application.
To say 2014 has been a busy year, so far, would be an understatement! In the age of affordable digital consoles, many venues and organizations are transitioning into a technically modern sound system. Schools have been jumping on board at a rapid pace. Implementing a digital console gives schools ample ability to improve quality of sound for the listeners whether it is the students during an assembly, or parents and family attending a school play or concert.
Centennial School District has made the move in two of their elementary schools, Parklane and Oliver. The district came to Pro Sound & Lighting looking to get up-to-date with their sound systems in addition to be able to control the mixer wirelessly for various productions. With Pro Sound & Lighting standing by their side, both schools did a complete overhaul of the sound systems in their cafetorium. Using a Soundcraft SI Expression 1 in each system gave the school lots of dynamics and effects processing, and wireless control. As the installer, we are able to set up the console in a way that takes a lot of the confusion out of the systems operation. In addition to the digital mixers, each school upgraded to Sennheiser Wireless systems, JBL speakers and Crown amplifiers. If you would like to know more about this install, or other installs Pro Sound & Lighting have done, please contact Justin. firstname.lastname@example.org
In the last few months we have seen lots of new LED lighting hitting the market. Several manufacturers are using what is referred to as RGB “COB” technology or “chip on board” for a variety of Pars, Bars & Matrix style lights. One of the most popular selling fixtures has been the DotzPar from American DJ. It produces powerful, smooth RGB color mixing with rich palettes of color from a single 36-Watt TRI (3-IN-1) RGB COB LED with a rated life of 50,000 hours. Some of it’s features include:
- 3-pin DMX with four DMX channel modes
- IEC AC IN/OUT to daisy chain power (up to 13 Dotz Par’s @ 110V)
- FIVE Operational modes: Auto Run, Sound Active, Color Macro, Dimmer, and DMX Controlled Mode
- 35 built-in Color Macros
- LED pulse and strobe effect
- Electronic Dimming: 0-100% with 5 selectable Dim Curves
- “Flicker free” for video applications
- Power & DMX Ins/Outs sit sideways so the unit can be set flat on the ground or set inside truss
- Compatible with ADJ Par RF wireless remote control and has a single yoke for mounting
But one of the most unique and purposeful features is the lens that comes with the fixture, adding versatility at a price point that is unheard of! The DotzPar has a 60-degree beam angle but comes with a lens filter that changes the beam angle to 25-degrees! The filter comes fixed in a gel frame with two set screws to allow quick & easy mounting to the fixture. So whether you are trying to get a spot light effect or do a wash on the back wall, the DotzPar can do it!
My favorite feature is the price, at $149 each! Stop by Pro Sound & Lighting today to check out the new DotzPar for yourself, or see it in action now:
Now in the Showroom! Live Mixing System from Avid.
Check out the new compact digital mixing system from Avid, the S3L. It’s a scalable modular system built for road, but equally suited to the studio. The S3L system delivers all of what you would expect from Avid’s live sound systems; integrated AAX plug-ins, Pro Tools (or other DAW) integration, virtual soundcheck, portable VENUE show files via USB key, amazing sound quality, and rock solid reliability.
Key System Components and Features:
S3 control surface
- Compact 16-fader surface, with six bankable layers
- 32 touch-sensitive encoders and high-resolution OLEDs
- Multicolor Channel Control parameter section for fast mix adjustments
- Full complement of I/O (see Specifications)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, featuring latching etherCON connectors
- EUCON-enabled for Pro Tools and other DAW control (feature coming soon)
- USB connections for a keyboard and mouse (not included)
- Runs VENUE software, mission control for the entire system
- High-performance, HDX-powered processing engine (supports AAX DSP plug-ins)
- 24 aux busses, LCR, plus 8 mono matrixes and 8 VCAs
- 2-track recording/playback using standard USB Flash drives
- Local and ancillary I/O (see Specifications)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, featuring latching etherCON connectors
- Separate Ethernet port for remote control using a laptop or tablet
Stage 16 remote I/O box
- 16 analog inputs (XLR) with remote mic preamp control
- 8 analog line outputs (XLR)
- 4 channels of AES3 digital output
- Ruggedized design with dual-purpose rack ears/handles for use as a stage box or rack-mounted
- Power and status LEDs, with device Identify feature
- Sliding Mute switch silences all box outputs
- Two Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, featuring latching etherCON connectors
Pro Sound & Lighting & PreSonus invite you to our Listening Party to hear the new StudioLive AI Series PA Loudspeakers.
Tuesday, December 17th, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The StudioLive AI series speakers are a partnership between PreSonus and Fulcrum Acoustic’s legendary engineer David Gunness (formerly of EAW and Electro-Voice). Rather than take the usual brute-force approach to PA-speaker design, the team designed a coaxial loudspeaker that would employ Fulcrum’s unique DSP-based approach.
The StudioLive AI series is based on an all-new coaxial speaker design that combines an 8-inch midrange transducer and a 1.5-inch titanium dome compression driver/wide,-dispersion horn. The transducers are custom-designed, and each speaker has more onboard processing power than three rack-mount speaker processors! This powerful DSP enables the use of Fulcrum Acoustic’s high-end TQ™ Temporal Equalization algorithms, resulting in a coaxial speaker system with exceptional clarity and coherence. The processor is used to manage horn reflection, linear time and amplitude anomalies correction, performance contouring, and dynamic and excursion limiting.
The result is studio-monitor sound on a huge scale: Studio…Live!
What: Pro Sound & Lighting and PreSonus StudioLive AI Listening Party
Where: Pro Sound & Lighting, Annex Building: Get Directions
When: Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
This event is BYOM (bring your own music)!
Now in the Showroom — The new Qu-16 Compact Digital Mixer from Allen & Heath.
Pro Sound & Lighting thinks you should know about the Qu-16 digital mixer from Allen & Heath. We’ve been excited about it for a while now. It packs a lot of features of its big brothers, like the superb effects derived from the i-Live series, and the optional dSNAKE capabilities from the GLD. We really like that it can record 18 tracks directly to a USB hard drive, or can be used as a USB interface to track to your MAC. And of course it can be remote controlled via the Qu-pad ipad app, and does everything else you’d expect from professional compact digital mixer. Check out the full spec list below, or get the full details here. Or even better give us a call, we can help you decide which digital mixer meets your needs and you budget.
- 16 Mono Inputs (TRS + XLR)
- 3 Stereo Inputs (TRS)
- 4 Stereo FX Returns
- 16 Busses
- 12 Mix Outputs (LR, Mono Mix 1-4, Stereo Mix 1-3)
- 4 FX Engines
- AES Digital Out
- 19” Rack Mountable
- Moving Faders
- Recallable AnaLOGIQ Preamps
- Qu-Drive direct Multitrack Recording / Playback on USB drives
- 800×480 Touchscreen
- iLive FX Library
- dSNAKE Remote Audio Port
- Compatible with ME Personal Mixing System
- Qu-Pad iPad App
- USB Audio Streaming
- DAW MIDI Control
- 4 Mute Groups
- Trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on all Inputs
- Insert, 1/3 octave GEQ, compressor and delay on Main LR and Mono Mix outputs
- Insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on Stereo Mix outputs
- Built-in Signal Generator
- RTA with Peak Band indication
Pro Sound & Lighting Presents:
AVID VENUE Training
Product Demonstration with Robert Scovill Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
Join us for hands-on training at Pro Sound & Lighting
as we demonstrate how easy it is to setup a VENUE show file.
- Creating a Show File and Systems Configuration
- Loading, Storing, and Transferring Show files
- Snapshots, The Events List and Automation
- Plug-Ins and Operation
Join us March 19th, 2013 at Pro Sound & Lighting for (2) separate product VENUE trainings. The AVID Product Specialist Team will be presenting the hands-on VENUE training at 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM. So please pick a time that best works for you and register at the link below.
Following the training sessions, AVID Senior Market Specialist and Veteran live sound engineer Robert Scovill will demonstrate the power of Virtual Soundcheck using the industry standard DAW Pro Tools at 7:00 PM. ALL ARE WELCOME. No need to attend the earlier training. Please sign up below.
- Learn how to use the recording to refine PA system tuning and the mix.
- Get your questions answered from Robert Scovill and the AVID Product Specialists.
Pro Sound & Lighting will be Hosting a Mixer at 6:30 PM prior to the Robert Scovill Demonstration so please stick around after the 4:00 PM Training. And for those attending the 1:30 PM training, you are invited to return to the Mixer to mingle with your peers.
Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
1:30 PM Training Session #1 FULL / CLOSED
4:00 PM Training Session #2 FULL / CLOSED
6:30 PM Hosted Mixer
7:00 PM Robert Scovill Demo
Pro Sound & Lighting
3511 SE Belmont St
Portland, OR 97214
Please CLICK HERE to register for the 4:00 PM Training Session. FULL / CLOSED
Please CLICK HERE to register for the 7:00 PM DEMO and Q&A Session.
Pro Sound & Lighting is proud to announce its status as the only Shure Factory Certified Axient Wireless Microphone System dealer in Oregon.
The Shure Axient Wireless Management Network is a complete system of tools that provides uncompromising wireless microphone performance in mission-critical environments with zero tolerance for failure. To put it simply; it’s amazing.
The Axient system’s agility in difficult RF conditions is driven by four key features:
• Interference Detection and Avoidance detects RF interference and enables the system to move to a clear and compatible frequency in milliseconds.
• For critical microphones where even the briefest gap in audio is unacceptable, Frequency Diversity mode transmits full-bandwidth audio on two separate frequencies. If one frequency is disrupted by interference, the audio from the second frequency is automatically used.
• ShowLink™ remote control enables the operator to make real-time remote adjustments of transmitter settings (such as audio gain, RF output power, and RF mute) while the microphone is live, without interrupting a performance or disturbing an elaborate costume. Control coverage extends throughout the entire performance area and can be extended to include backstage areas.
• The Axient Spectrum Manager scans the spectrum constantly, and monitors, ranks, and deploys backup frequencies automatically. This ensures that the system uses only the cleanest frequencies during a performance.
When it comes to wireless mics and RF spectrum management, Pro Sound & Lighting has the most knowledgeable staff and the most available products in the area. If you have questions, we have answers. Call today and we’ll find a complete solution to meet your needs, and your budget.